By the 1940s the bee operation had been located at the Novitiate. There were two rows of hives, and half of a building next to Saint Mary's dormitory was devoted to the bee operation. Brother Petrus was the first beekeeper. By 1940 Brother Henry Charles, Master of Novices, was the beekeeper.
photo transferred into jpeg form in 2001 from Kodak slides taken 1945-1955.