Skip to main content

Holy Comforter Episcopal Church



When the Bech family lived at 57 Market Street, they were next to Christ Episcopal Church. The Church experienced a fire, and the replacement was built at Carroll Street, in the southern part of the city.

The parishoners who lived in the north sector of the city and town found this a considerable distance, and built a second church, the Church of the Holy Comforter, on Davies Place very close to the current railroad station.

The two Bech sons were baptized in Christ Church (whether the original or the Carrol street church is uncertain). However, Elizabeth and her son George attended Holy Comforter, and supported the church faithfully. George Bech was buried from Holy Comforter in 1890 and Elizabeth in 1900. In her will she left $1,000 to the Church.


Richard Foy

Date Created

6 October 2012