Winslow estate orientation outline
The Winslow parcel is 27 acres taken from the original Barnard farm purchase of 100 acres - approximately one third of the property. The 100 acres was reduced by land taken by the Hudson River Railroar company around 1848 and by the Poughkeepsie Water Commissioners on several occastions beginning in 1871. The cross lines are not parallel, as shown by the sketch below of the Winslow parcel. The upper boundary is the stone wall separating the Winslow section from that owned by the Newbolds (1861 - 1946). The lower dividing line starts just below the Fontaine Academic building near route nine and heads west between the Gartland Athletic Fields and the Foy Townhouses.