Skip to main content

Brother Francis Xavier

Brother Francis Xavier (1895  -  1964)

Family Name: Benoit, Paul

He taught history, psychology and mathematics at Marist Training School and Marian College until 1959.  He was the construction manager for the Marian Gym (now the Marian Dormitory between Champagnat and Donnelly buildings.) In 1950, he took a leave of absence from Marian in 1950 to direct construction of the renovations to the English Village section of the Brothers' Esopus property.   The Benoit Dormitory was names in his honor. The dormitory was constructed for the Student Brothers but used by lay students until it was demolished to make place for the Hancock Building.

Marist CollegeMarist Archives & Special Collections | Contact Us  | Acknowledgements