Docked at various location along the Hudson River
In April 1908, Columbia's coach James "Jim" Rice purchased a two story barge, the General Chester A. Arthur. The barge was converted into a houseboat that served as quarters at Poughkeepsie and at Columbia University. For the regatta, the houseboat would be towed by tugboat to Poughkeepsie.
Columbia renamed the houseboat The Morningside and would use it as quarters at Poughkeepsie from 1908-1912. In 1913, their new permanent boathouse on the Highland shore was ready and the houseboat was only used to transport them to Poughkeepsie from Manhattan.