Chodikee Lake Hotel
Located at Chodikee Lake on North Chodikee Lake Rd., 4 1/2 miles northwest of Highland
A hotel and cottages built in 1911 at Black Pond, which was renamed Chodikee Lake. The hotel was owned by a Sigmund Stern, a jeweler was a financial backer for the hotel and the Raymond Riordan School, located on the same property.
The hotel and school burned down on December 26, 1915 as a result of an explosion. Because of the hotel's isolated location, it took the fire company a long time to respond and the fire spread from the hotel to the school and both buildings burned to the ground. The cottages survived and still stand today.