Located in Longview Park along the Hudson River, on what is now Marist College property
Built as part of a WPA (Works Progress Administration) project submitted by the City of Poughkeepsie and a larger plan to build permanent facilities for crews at Poughkeepsie creating a "Regatta Row." Construction began in 1937 and completed in June 1938. It had two stories to serve as a combination quarters and boathouse. The first floor served as shell storage and the second floor served as sleeping quarters. When not housing the Cornell crews, the City rented it out to the community for events, which continued after the Regatta left the river. When the MIT/Washington boathouse, also located at "Regatta Row", burned down in 1957, local high schools crews, who had used MIT/Washington, were given use of the Cornell boathouse. In 1976, The Poughkeepsie Journal, drew attention to the poor condition of the Cornell and California boathouses and Marist College stepped in to tend to them. California was ultimately taken down and the Cornell Boathouse underwent an extensive restoration in 2009 and serves as an event space and overflow shell storage for the College.