A privately owned houseboat that was tied up at various places along the Hudson River.
Owned by Colonel Robert M. Thompson and loaned to the Naval Academy for their stay at Poughkeepsie in 1907. The luxurious boat was two stories and equipped with dining facilties, sleeping quarters, and more. It also had a crew and servants to tend to the passengers' needs.
The Everglades suffered a fire and both decks were destroyed in 1916. It was rebuilt by 1917.