Fox Hollow

Located on Fox Hollow Road in Rhinebeck, NY, north of Poughkeepsie.

A Dutch colonial revival built in 1909 by Harrie T. Lindeberg for Tracy and Alice Dows on their 800 acre estate.  The Dows family lived there until the late 1920s.  In 1930, it was rented to Miss Eileen Farrell for use as a girls' boarding school, becoming known as the Foxhollow School.  It continued as a girls' school until 1937, when the school moved to Stockbridge, MA.  The property was then sold to Vincent Astor as a home for his half-brother, John Jacob Astor VI, and was sold again to Dr. Anderson to serve as a satelite campus of the Anderson School.   In 1954, it housed the Rhinebeck Country Day School's programs.  Currently it houses Daytop's facilities.