Mountain View House
Located on Vineyard Ave/Route 44/55 (formerly the Clintondale Road), 1 mile south of Highland
Built circa 1933 by Frank Monteleone. It was a brick and wood building that was used in the summer as a hotel. The Monteleone family lived in the house during the rest of the year. On November 28, 1940, the hotel caught fire and the original hotel burned to the ground while the two story annex attached to the house survived with some damage.
A new house has been built on the property and it is a private residence.