Navy Boathouse and Quarters
Located at what is now Quiet Cove Park, formerly Hudson River State Hospital Property
In 1929, the US Naval Academy applied to New York State for permission to build a boathouse and separate quarters on property belonging to the Hudson River State Hospital. Governor Franklin Roosevelt granted permission to construct buildings there. The Naval Academy built a two story building to serve as sleeping quarters and dining hall that included a kitchen. The local Poughkeepsie Regatta Association moved the disbanded Apokeepsing Boat Club's boathouse from south of Church Street by barge to the shore next to the newly built quarters. It was then reconstructed by a local contractor to serve as storage for equipment. Upon move in, the Naval Academy named it Camp Ingram in honor of a former crew member.
While the quarters are still standing at Quiet Cove Park, the boathouse no longer stands and disappeared sometime between 1949 and 1955.