Located in Wheaton Park between North Clover Street and Davies Place in Poughkeepsie
Built in 1859, an Italianate style mansion, for George and Charles Pelton, brothers who ran the Pelton Carpet Mills on Mill Street in Poughkeepsie. It was also known as the "Hill House" as it is located on a hill overlooking the Hudson River. The Pelton family lived there until the death of Charles Pelton in 1897. It was then rented to Gullaudet House (now known as Gullaudet University) until 1910. In 1910, it was sold to the City of Poughkeepsie by Caroline Wheaton to become part of Wheaton Park, a public park.
In 1912, it became home to the Poughkeepsie Day Nursery which it remained for over a hundred years until the Nursery closed in 2014. In 2016, the property was sold with plans to renovate the buildings and surrounding park. It is currently vacant.