Located on the corner of Hooker and Hanscomb Avenues in Poughkeepsie
A second empire 3 story building built in 1871 that opened in September of that year as the Brooks Seminary for Young Ladies. In 1880, the Brooks Seminary moved to Brooklyn and the building was used as a hotel and a Vassar College dormitory until 1901 when Putnam Hall School opened. The school closed in 1940 and plans were discussed to turn the school into apartments, but ultimately it was torn down. In 1941, Miss Ellen Clizbe Bartlett, the principal and proprieter, purchased the 6 acre property and donated it to the City of Poughkeepsie. The property is now a city park, Bartlett Park.