Located along the Hudson River off of Waterworks Road in the Town of Poughkeepsie
Built between 1931 and 1938, Regatta Row consisted of four buildings, the MIT/Washington Boathouse (1931) and Dining Hall (1936), California Boathouse (1932), and Cornell Boathouse (1938). These boathouses were constructed as a result of requests for permanent facilities in Poughkeepsie from participating universities. Funding for construction and site clearance was obtained through several Great Depression era public works' programs, TERA, CWA, and the WPA. The local Poughkeepsie Regatta Association also fundraised to obtain funds to build the boathouses, maintain, and update them. While named for the universities who stayed in them, Regatta Row belonged to the City of Poughkeepsie.
When not in use for the Poughkeepsie Regatta, local high school crews used the buildings and the City rented Cornell Boathouse out for events.
The MIT/Washington Boathouse and Dining Hall burned down in 1957 and the California Boathouse was torn down sometime between 1976 and 1978. The Cornell Boathouse is only boathouse that remains on Regatta Row.