Located on what is now the Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY
Built in 1863 after the original 1775 house burned down. Edgewood, an Elizabethan three story brick house, was the home of John R. Stuyvesant and his family, a descendant of Peter Stuyvesant, the last Dutch Director-General. The house was rented out after Stuyvesant's death and then sold in July 1899 to Edward Ignatius Purbrick on behalf of the Jesuit Order of Loyola. The order formerly had a novitiate in Frederick, MD and moved north to establish a new novitiate. The original house was torn down as were several other buildings on the property. The brothers built two new buildings and used the bricks from the Stuyvesant House in their construction. The only building that remains from the original Stuyvesant Estate is the gate house. The St. Andrew-on-the Hudson novitiate continued to operate until 1970 when the Culinary Institute of America purchased the property. The CIA has expanded the campus and facilties and continues to operate on the premises.