Located on Grand Street across from Thorn's Lane in Highland.
Built in 1875 to replace the first schoolhouse in Highland built on the same site. It opened on September 1, 1875 with 150 pupils. Sometime later, the building became a boarding house known as Whittley House (there are various spellings of Whittley). The building was demolished in 1971, but the same stone wall seen in postcards and photographs of the house still stands on Grand Street.